The District is the territorial structure of the Company of at least 60,000 inhabitants where the primary care services related to health, social and social activities are insured. The population of the Districts is ensured access to health and social services and services, guaranteeing, also with the involvement of the Municipalities and Councils between Municipalities, a high degree of social and health integration.
- Health District IN Alatri-Anagni
- Health District B Frosinone
- Health District C Sora
- D Cassino Health District
The Single Point of Access (PUA) is the service to which the citizen accesses and where the need that led to requesting the intervention is decoded and evaluated to obtain the appropriate response in a social, health and social-health sense.
The PUA is based in the Health Houses, in the District Health Centres and also in the Municipalities. They are directed by qualified professional figures such as: social workers who must guarantee reception and access to services, making use, if necessary, of the multidisciplinary evaluation team to better direct the Cirradino to the appropriate services; CUP services also refer to PUAs for this purpose.
Within the district territory, the decisive functions are articulated to guarantee citizens the appropriateness and satisfaction of unexpressed or clearly requested social and health needs:
- Client function: that is, the knowledge of the epidemiological conditions of the district territory and the consequent definition of the services and services necessary to meet the health needs of citizens as well as the control over the activity of the services activated and the evaluation of the results of the services provided, in the sense of the ability to measure whether or not there has been an improvement in the health conditions of the population. This function also aims to avoid the self-referentiality of services, that is, the production of services not comforted by a real demand for health, but the result of autonomous initiatives by professionals and a source of inefficiencies and waste for the regional health service.
- Production function: production activities relate to the Department of Primary Care and Intermediate Care, that is, the provision through the territorial services of first-level services, in order to guarantee the essential levels of assistance with regard to the territorial competences of basic health care. The territorial services are divided into complex operational units in turn divided into simple operational units: a fundamental tool of the activities of the territorial services is represented by the taking charge of simple or chronic subjects, in order to guarantee the therapeutic and care diagnostic pathways in continuous and adequate control of the trend of the pathology to which the citizen is affected. These paths that involve taking charge of the patient are articulated through the Health Houses.
The District Director
The District Director is configured as the guarantor of all health and administrative activities related to the patient’s therapeutic path. As such, he is responsible for the implementation of the strategic guidelines of the ASL Management. The District Director supports the Strategic Management in relations with the Mayors of the district area as well as with the other subjects referred to in Article 1 of Law no. 328 of 8 November 2000.
The District Director is responsible for performing the following functions:
- analysis of the population’s need and demand for health and social-health care as well as, in coordination with the social services of the Municipalities or their Consortia, of social demand in order to guarantee adequate therapeutic diagnostic pathways.
- management of the relationship with accredited subjects present in the territory of the District, also collaborating with the central offices of the ASL in the stipulation of service contracts with the same subjects.
- coordination and consultation with the heads of the Departments regarding the planning of the offer of health and social-health services.
- preparation of the proposal for the district activities programme.
- monitoring of activity data and results achieved in qualitative and quantitative terms in the implementation of the territorial activities programme.
- coordination and verification of correct compliance with information flows.
- control of the regularity of health and socio-health services and the application of the corresponding rates, where provided.
- management of waste produced in territorial structures.
- implementation, by delegation of the General Manager, of the safety requirements of the work environments provided for by Legislative Decree 81/08 and subsequent amendments.
The District Director ensures coordination between the Directors of the Departments in order to make the hospital-territory paths concrete, verifies through periodic meetings between the Hospital Department and the Primary Care and Intermediate Care Department so that the transition from the acute phase to the post-acute recovery phase takes place in compliance with the rules and in order to guarantee the effectiveness of the care provided at home.
The legislation in force on the subject is represented by D.G.R. no. 316/2017 concerning: Regional Law no. 38/96 art. 51. Approval of document concerning guidelines for the territorial areas identified pursuant to art. 47, paragraph 1 letter c) of Regional Law no. 38/96 for the drafting of the Area Social Plans for the period 2012-2014. The Local Health Authority of Frosinone represents the privileged interlocutor for the realization of the Socio-Sanitary integration within the scope of the activities provided for in the Zone Plan.
The ASL intends to sign the program agreements with which the Zone Plans of all the Districts are adopted as approved in the regional Economy and Finance document 2014-2016 (macro Area A Region that Heals and Protects). In particular, the Area Plan must, according to Council Resolution no. 14 of 21 December 2013, be the primary instrument for implementing the network of Social Services and Socio-Health Integration according to the following objectives:
- transformation of the annual projects of the Area Plans into essential, district, permanent social services;
- transposition of the guidelines of the Regional Government Decree no. 321 of 2013 on the integrated system of social interventions and services of the Lazio region;
- strengthening of the Socio-Health District by overcoming the current programme agreements using the legislative forms of Legislative Decree no. 267 of 18 August 2000;
- introduction of homogeneous accounting and organisational tools at district level (organisation of the Plan Office);
- suppression of duplication of district, regional and municipal interventions;
- implementation of an IT platform;
- identification and distinction of social welfare and social health district interventions through the connection and coherence of district planning with that of the ASL;
- integration with all public, accredited private and third sector structures (volunteering, associations) for the creation of a pool of common human and financial resources.
For the above, the ASL will initiate effective organizational and operational coordination policies with the Municipalities for the implementation of shared political strategies. At the end of the outlined path, a true integration of socio-health activities (Maternal, Infant, Elderly, Physical, Psychic and Sensory Disabled, Mental Health and Addictions, Chronic Degenerative Diseases, etc.) must be achieved throughout the Province, also through the formulation of innovative protocols for Protected Socio-Health Discharge.
In particular, it will be the responsibility of the Company to enhance the figure of the Social Worker, including it in the planning of district services (in particular relations with the Department of Mental Health and Addiction to Diseases and the Department of Primary Care and Intermediate Care) and in the district coordination office.
In the development activities of social and health integration, the following are envisaged:
- in the municipality of Arpino, in agreement with the IAPES (Intercommunal Association for Social Exercise), a Socio-Health Day Centre and a social dentistry service will be activated at the former hospital as an extension of the homologous service already active at the Casa della Salute in Ceccano. It is reiterated, however, following the DCA n. 428/2013 the need for the activation of the Casa della Salute at the former S. Croce Hospital;
- in the municipality of Atina, at the Casa della Salute, in agreement with the IAPES, the Day Alzheimer’s Center will be strengthened with the activation of residentiality;
- in the municipality of Pontecorvo, at the Casa della Salute, in agreement with the Consortium of Municipalities of Cassinate, a daytime Alzheimer’s Center will be activated;
- in the municipality of Patrica, in agreement with the Social District B Frosinone, the activation of a Socio-Health Centre for support activities for the elderly population is planned.