The Complex Operating Unit of Gynaecology and Obstetrics provides its services with the aim of:
- Taking care of the woman and the couple in the birth path from the first weeks of pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period, offering differentiated care modalities for physiological pregnancy and pregnancy at risk;
- Prevent, diagnose and treat the pathology of the female genital system using traditional techniques and the most modern endoscopic techniques.
Inside the UOC, located on the 6th floor of the Hospital, there are the Inpatient Department and the Obstetric-Gynecological Outpatient Clinics, managed by the Medical, Obstetrics and Nursing team.
The labor-birth block is on the same floor and is equipped with an autonomous operating room, managed by midwives, in order to guarantee the highest level of safety.
The neonatology unit, in which newborns are welcomed, is located in rooms adjacent to the Delivery Room and therefore easily accessible to mothers during breastfeeding hours or for any need related to the care of children.
Facility DIRECTOR: Dr. Michele Desiato
Deputy Director and Gynaecology Representative: Dr. Vito Mistretta
Obstetrics Contact Person: Dr. Maria Rita Pecci
Dr. Natalia Aleksa
Dr. Francesco Angeletti
Dr. Marina Bracaglia
Dr. Marina De Cupis
Dr. Gabriella De Santis
Dr. Meena Di Stefano
Dr. Guilda Fuoco
Dr. Eleonora Marcoccia
Dr. Gilda Mazzone
Dr. Alessandra Rocca
Dr. Giovanna Savastano
Dr. Rosa Savone
Dr. Elisabetta Tandoi
Dr. Laura Kanako Trento
Head of Women’s Service UOS – IVG
Dr. Matilde Lauretti
Gynecological Clinic – Hysteroscopies – Ultrasounds c/o ALATRI HOSPITAL
Dr. Angela Lombardi
Midwife Coordinator: Dr Mariella Mizzoni
Responsible for the management of pregnant patients, she ensures continuous assistance during outpatient, reception and hospitalization activities.
She is next to the Woman with one-to-one assistance during labor, delivery and postpartum. Obstetrical staff also assist new mothers by providing support and information in initiating breastfeeding.
Nursing Coordinator: Dr. Angela Iori
Responsible for the pre and post-surgical care, day hospital and day surgery of gynecological patients, the administration of therapy and the outpatient activity.
The OSS carry out their activity of supporting nursing staff in the primary care of the patient. They take care of the patient’s comfort, they are available for all needs regarding personal hygiene, the environment and food.
The hospital ward at the Presidio of Frosinone consists of 20 beds for gynaecological and obstetric patients, housed in rooms with 2 beds. Each room is equipped with wardrobes, TV and toilets with shower.
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery for the treatment of benign and malignant diseases of the female genital tract
- Abdominal surgery
- Vaginal surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery with vaginal access without incisions and abdominal scars (V-NOTES technique)
- Treatment of vulvar diseases
- Oncological surgery with both a laparoscopic and laparotomic approach
- Operative hysteroscopy
- Cervical conizations
Week Surgery at the Alatri garrison:
Week Surgery, or short surgery, includes surgery with a hospital stay of 2-5 days, with discharge by Friday.
It represents an organisational model dedicated to surgical interventions or diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures, for which the assistance of the anaesthetist is indicated.
Short surgery is therefore to be considered a valid alternative to hospitalization in the ordinary regime, avoiding nocturnal hospitalization when not strictly required from a clinical-care point of view, or where a hospital stay of a few days is foreseen, thus allowing normal life habits to be resumed as soon as possible, or
The proposal for surgery in Week Surgery is always formulated by the surgeon on the basis of the preliminary evaluation carried out during the first outpatient visit.
The Week Surgery department of the Local Health Authority of FROSINONE is located at the ALATRI Hospital.
Emergency Room: 24/7 assistance is guaranteed to all pregnant women attending the Emergency Room with non-deferrable emergencies.
Surgical clinic (reservation of operations : 0775 1883502 – email@example.com)
For information on :
• actual insertion in the waiting list
• organisational aspects relating to the route
call the number of the Secretariat of the UOC of Obstetrics and Gynecology of the Hospital of Frosinone:
Inf Angela Iori. 0775 1883201
Inf Annamaria Girolami 0775 1883502
- Outpatient Clinic for Term Pregnancy:
- Obstetric Pathology Clinic
- Treatment of Spontaneous Abortion with Medical Therapy
- Hysteroscopy Clinic
- Prenatal Diagnosis Clinic:
- Bi test
- Ultrasound outpatient clinic:
- 1st, 3rd trimester ultrasounds
- Morphological ultrasounds
- Gynaecological ultrasound clinic
- Ultrasound for endometriosis.
The examination should preferably be done between the 8th and 12th day of the cycle. In case of taking hormone therapy, there are no indications on the execution times. Present with a half-full bladder and possibly after performing a micro-enema 2 hours before the exam
- The Adnexal Pathology Clinic offers a diagnostic-therapeutic service for tubal-ovarian pathology in pre- and post-manopausal women.
Patients must present all the previous clinical documentation, with the instrumental examinations performed (previous abdominal or pelvic ultrasounds, CT or Nuclear Magnetic Resonance) that show the presence of an adnexal disease in the ovaries and/or tubes.
- Cardiotocography from week 40
- Cord Blood Donation Eligibility Interviews
- Meetings with couples to present the environments of the Department and the Sala Travaglio-Parto
- External turning manoeuvres of the foetus in a breech presentation (day hospital)
- It is possible to perform vaginal and rectal tampons at the sampling center of THE OUTPATIENT CLINIC of Viale Mazzini (from Monday to Friday , by reservation at no.:06 9939)
- Voluntary termination of pregnancy service (at the Alatri PO)
Physiological labor and delivery assistance for pregnancies from the 35th week of gestation (34+1 day)
Inhalational analgesia with Nitrous Oxide
Solidarity cord blood donation
In the Childbirth Work Block there are:
- 1 Sala Travaglio,
- 3 Labor/Delivery rooms equipped with all the tools for labor in the free position (fitball, armchairs, stool, mats),
- 1 Neonatal Island
- toilets equipped with a shower,which can be used during labour as an analgesic method.
- Inhalation analgesia with nitrous oxide is also available during labour.
- There is a stand-alone operating room in the Delivery Room block.
Hospitalization and Breastfeeding
The hospital stay in the postpartum period, excluding particular conditions, is usually 2 days for women who gave birth spontaneously and 3 days for women who gave birth by Caesarean section.
Breastfeeding support is guaranteed by the Nursing Staff of the Nursing Home and by the Departmental Midwives.
24-HOUR rooming is active
The 4th trimester outpatient clinic is currently active in our OUC, managed by obstetric staff, created to respond to the needs of new mothers in the Postpartum. Support is provided on Breastfeeding, Pelvic Floor Disorders and much more.
Services for gynaecological patients
Our UOC treats all the main surgical pathologies of the female genital apparatus.
Visiting hours for patients
Visitors: access is allowed to only one person, from 17:00 to 17:45 avoiding any gathering
Visitors: access is allowed to only one person from 17:00 to 17:45, avoiding any gathering. In case of need of continuous assistance, the trusted person may remain after agreement with the health personnel
- The entry of minors is always forbidden
Family members can contact doctors and the director by appointment to be requested at tel. 0775.1883201 .
Presidio Ospedaliero Unico FROSINONE-ALATRI :
office in Frosinone via A. Fabi, 03100 FROSINONE
tel: 0775 1883200;
alatri office: via Madonna della Sanità, 03011 ALATRI
tel: 0775 4385005;
Outpatient telephone number: 0775 1883604