The Psychiatric Diagnosis and Care Service is the hospital inpatient area where psychiatric, acute,voluntary and compulsory treatments are carried out. The SPDC deals with all acute psychiatric situations that require inpatient treatment: acute and chronic exacerbated psychoses, major mood disorders, behavioural disorders during decompensation and severe anxiety disorders, severe anorexic disorders.
The structure has 12 beds and 1 bed for the day hospital distributed in inpatient rooms of two beds each. Each inpatient room is provided with toilets. The SPDC also has a canteen/living room and premises necessary for the performance of medical and nursing activities. It also has a large garden with benches accessible to patients and family members during the visit.
Voluntary and compulsory psychiatric treatments are carried out in the SPDC under hospitalization conditions and consultancy activities are carried out to other hospital services. Psychodiagnostic assessment interventions and occupational /rehabilitation therapies are implemented during the hospital stay.
Among other activities:
- participates in the departmental function in relation to urgent and emergency interventions;
- works in strict continuity of care and integration with the SERDs, the CSMs, the residential and semi-residential structures of the Department and the prison;
- promotes the taking charge by the territorial services of patients not previously in charge of them;
- guarantees liaison and consultation psychiatric interventions in the various departments and hospital services with particular attention to the Emergency Department
The recipients of the Psychiatric Diagnosis and Care Service are people with psychiatric pathology, residents in the territory of Districts C and D of the Local Health Authority of Frosinone, for whom hospitalization in a hospital psychiatric facility is necessary. To regulate psychiatric hospitalizations, the catchment area of our corporate DSM has been divided among the three SPDCs in the province.
The inhabitants of each area of competence refer to their SPDC. The users of the territorial scope of the following municipalities fall within the sphere of competence of the SPDC of Cassino: Acquafondata, Aquino, Atina, Ausonia, Belmonte Castello, Cassino, Castelnuovo P., Castrocielo, Ceprano, Cervaro Colle S. Magno, Coreno Ausonia, Esperia, Falvaterra, Pastena, Picinisco, Pico, Piedimonte S. G., Pignataro I., Pofi, Pontecorvo. Roccasecca, San Biagio S., San Giorgio a Liri, San Giovanni I., Sant’Ambrogio, Sant’Andrea, Sant’Apollinare, Sant’Elia F.R., San Vittore, Settefrati, Strangolagalli, Terelle, Vallemaio, Vallerotonda, Villa Latina, Villa S. Lucia, Viticuso.
The services and activities provided by the Psychiatric Diagnosis and Care Service are the care and assistance of people with severe and critical mental disorder within 24 hours. During the stay, the following are insured:
- diagnostic and therapeutic interviews;
- specific pharmacological treatments;
- instrumental and psychodiagnostic tests;
- observation, treatment and psychological support activities;
- psychological and social support activities for the patient and family members.
Network contacts, meetings with the Operators of the territorial services to verify the therapeutic project and the effectiveness of the treatment, psychiatric and psychological advice to the Emergency Department and other inpatient departments are also guaranteed.
How to access
The methods of access to the Psychiatric Diagnosis and Care Service are as follows:
- through the Emergency Department;
- referral by the doctor of 118;
- general practitioner and continuity of care physician;
- through the private specialist;
- through the psychiatrist;
- through the individual request of the patient;
- for transfer from other hospital departments
Each request for hospitalization is evaluated by the on-call specialist.
Opening hours to the public
Visiting hours for patients: every day of the week from 1.00 pm to 2.00 pm and from 4.00 pm to 6.00 pm. The patient has the right not to receive visits and phone calls if requested. Children under the age of 12 are not allowed in the ward.
Reception time: every day of the week from 1.00 pm to 2.00 pm. They can still be received outside these hours by appointment.
- out of respect for privacy, it is forbidden to take photos inside the hospital area;
- to respect the rest of other patients, during the night, mobile phones must be kept switched off;
- normally, during hospitalization, exit permits are not granted;
- smoking is allowed only in the smoking room (equipped with smoke extractors) and in the garden.
- respect visiting hours to allow the performance of care activities;
- comply with the instructions given by the department staff, in the event of medical or other examinations and leave the room if the staff requests it;
- inform the staff of the objects and food they intend to give to the patient.