The Cardiology and ICU Unit of the Sora Hospital carries out about 500 admissions per year, mostly urgent from the Emergency Department or by transfer from other OUs. It also carries out admissions in election for device implants (PM, ICD, CRT, loop recorder).
The UOC consists of:
- The Coronary Intensive Care Unit, equipped with 4 beds in two large rooms. It admits patients with a cardiological emergency (myocardial infarction, acute heart failure, pulmonary oedema, pulmonary embolism, life-threatening arrhythmias) in need of intensive care. It provides continuous monitoring of all vital parameters and the possibility of intensive cardiological care such as NIV (non-invasive ventilation) or haemodialysis.
- The Cardiology Department has 8 beds in double rooms of which 4 beds are monitored and all with the possibility of telemetric monitoring (monitoring that allows the patient to move in the Department continuously controlled). All rooms are equipped with en-suite bathroom, air conditioning and TV.
COVID EMERGENCY: All patients swab for third generation COVID before hospitalization periodically during hospitalization and within 48 hours of discharge or transfer to another facility.
How to access
Admission to the Facility takes place in the following ways:
- URGENT hospitalization: through access to the Emergency Room and urgent reports from other Facilities (other Departments of the Hospital or the Company, Cardiology Clinics of the territory or other hospitals);
- Elective hospitalization: is a type of planned hospitalization, intended for patients who need clinical stabilization, invasive diagnostic tests, implantation of devices (PM, ICD, CRT). It is accessed after entering the official waiting list regulated by the Arianna Computer System;
- Hospitalization in Day Hospital: allows you to perform procedures such as loop recorder implantation, replacement of pace maker, electrical cardioversion, medical therapy without the need for prolonged hospitalization. It is accessed after entering the official waiting list regulated by the Arianna Computer System;
Hours and days of receipt
For the continuation of the Covid emergency and as per company regulations, family visits are limited to Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays from 17:00 to 18:00 for 15″ and for one person per visit not interchangeable with another family member. Visitors must be provided with a mask, green pass or tampon. The visitor must clean their hands with the special gel found in the dispenser near the entrance to the rooms. In the event of the presence of Covid positive patients in the Department, the visits will be suspended.
The Department Doctors can be contacted by the relatives of the inpatients indicated by the patient in the appropriate privacy form completed at the entrance and attached to the medical record to have information every day from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. and from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., compatible with the emergency department, at number 334/1017242.
There are many Outpatient Services offered both for the Hospital’s Inpatients with particular attention to cancer patients and for Outpatients:
- Electrocardiography Service: CUP appointment Schedule: from Monday to Friday 8.20 am to 2.00 pm, Saturday 10.40 am to 2.00 pm;
- Cardiological Visits: with particular attention to cardiovascular prevention and control of patients with coronary, arrhythmic or structural cardiological diseases, preoperative evaluations, visits for Transfusion Medicine, Cardiological Visits for Occupational Medicine, Cardiological Visits for medico-legal certifications;
- Nursing and Cardiological Clinic for the treatment of Heart Failure: follows patients suffering from heart failure with a follow-up focused on post-hospital control at the OU with telephone nursing contacts for the evaluation of clinical stability, adherence to therapy and prescriptions, therapeutic adjustment and possible reporting, in case of instability of the clinical picture to the Medical Team that provides for clinical and therapeutic re-evaluation and/or possible hospitalization. The reference telephone number is 391/4334451. Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 8.00 am to 2.00 pm;
- Echocardiography Outpatient Clinic: Performs Mono-bi and three-dimensional Echocardiography, Transthoracic Color-Doppler exams especially for Acute Patients, suffering from heart failure and oncological follow-up during chemotherapy treatment. Currently, it is only aimed at patients in the various OUs of the Hospital. Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 8.30 am to 11.00 am.
- Ergometry Outpatient Clinic: The cardiovascular exercise test on a cycle ergometer is performed for the diagnosis and follow-up of ischemic heart disease. It is accessed with a request from the Caregiver for an evaluation Cardiological Visit and appointment in Agenda CUP. If the examination is indicated and the patient is in a position to undergo the test, the patient is placed on the internal agenda. If the examination is requested by a Cardiologist, it can be booked directly at the CUP. Assessment Visit: Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 11.00 am to 1.00 pm. Ergometric test: Wednesday and Friday 9.00-11.00;
- Arrhythmology and Electrostimulation Service: It is the service dedicated to the study of arrhythmias with Arrhythmological Visits, Visits for Peace Maker Control, Holter ECG, Single and Double Chamber Peace Maker Implantation for the therapy of bradyarrhythmias, Implantable Defibrillators (ICD) and Resynchronization Therapy (CRT) for the therapy of the patient with Heart Failure, left ventricular dysfunction, ventricular arrhythmias. Peace Maker Control: Monday and Thursday at 8.30-11.00 am.
- Ischemic Heart Disease Outpatient Clinic: for the follow-up of hospitalized patients with STEMI and NSTEMI managed with an internal agenda.
- Stress Myocardial Scintigraphy: in collaboration with the UOSD Nuclear Medicine for the study of ischemic heart disease. Telephone: 0776/8294113. Opening hours: Tuesday 8.30-11.00;
- Both with the Outpatient NAO (New Oral Anticoagulants) of the UO, and in collaboration with the UOSD TAO Centers, patients are followed in Oral Anticoagulant Therapy with dicoumarolics (Warfarin and Acecumarol) and with Direct Anticoagulants (Dabigatran, Apixaban, Edoxaban, Rivaroxaban). Time: 12.00-13.00;
- The UOC offers PACs (Complex Outpatient Packages) that allow you to perform a set of specialist outpatient visits, instrumental and laboratory tests with a single ticket in no more than 30 days for the study of the main cardiological diseases:
- Cap for heart failure;
- PAC for the study of Syncope;
- PAC for the study of chest pain;
- PAC for the Study of Ischemic Heart Disease;
- PAC for the study of artmie.
The report for the PAC is made by the Attending Physician, the Doctors of the UO or the Emergency Department.
- Manager: Dr Maria Paola Gemmiti
- Dr. Maria Pia Corsi
- Dr. Daniele Del Vecchio
- Dr Angela Calicchia
- Dr. Bruno Pezza
- Dr. Francesca Alfonsi
- Dr. Tito di Camillo
- Dr Marco Cicconetti
Cardiology and ICU Nursing Team:
- Coordinator Dr. Fortunata Di Mario
- Inf. Catia de Gasperis
- Inf. Catallo Riccardo
- Inf. Susy Capobianco
- Inf. Marini Michele
- Inf. Daniela Gaetani
- Inf. Laura Corsetti
- Inf. Gabriella Tomassini
- Inf. Lucia Cipollone
- Inf. Fabio Ruzza
- Inf. Vincenza Giannella
- Inf. Nicola Ruggiero
- Inf. Ileana Daniela Paduretu
- Maria Scenna
- Monica Gabriele
- Claudia Valente
Outpatient Nursing Services Team:
- Inf. Catia Ciardi
- Inf. Maria Lorini
- Inf. Ernestina Tatangelo
- Inf. Francesca Ferri
- Inf. Sandra Tersigni
- Inf. Nadia Gabriele
- Inf. Anna Lupo
- Inf Sandro Bettini