- Director: Dr. Gianpiero Fabi
- Team: Dr. Margherita D’Amico
The Health Directorate of the Frosinone/Alatri Hospital, is responsible for taking care of the organization of the Frosinone and Alatri Hospitals, guaranteeing the hygiene and safety of the services provided to the citizen, promoting the quality and efficiency of health services.
The Health Directorate of the Hospital is made up of:
- Medical Director of the Presidium, a doctor specialising in Hygiene and Preventive Medicine, with specific training in the organisation of health services and health management, who directs the Presidiums of Frosinone and Alatri for hygienic-sanitary and organisational purposes and with the functions of Bed Manager;
- a staff of medical personnel (specialists in Hygiene and Preventive Medicine, with training aimed at management and health organization);
- nursing staff, trained to take care of the organisation, epidemiology and prevention of hospital infections;
- administrative staff, responsible for secretarial and archiving functions and delivering copies of health documentation and certificates to users;
- a social worker, who works in coordination with local colleagues and external structures.
The Medical Director of Presidio Dr. Gianpiero Fabi Tel. 07758822158 is responsible for:
- promote the functionality of the Company’s Presidiums, ensuring the organisation of all existing health activities, with homogeneity of routes, purposes and operating procedures;
- facilitate relations between healthcare operating units and technical and administrative sectors of the Company;
- collaborate with health departments in order to optimise care activities to the benefit of the quality and timeliness of the care provided to the patient;
- carry out surveillance of health facilities for hygienic purposes and promote the control of hospital infections;
- develop quality improvement and staff training programmes.
The Coordination of the Nursing Office of the Hospital is composed for the headquarters of Frosinone by Dr. Di Domenico Gabriella, Dr. Daniela Imola and for the headquarters of Alatri by Dr. Cianfracco Donatella and Dr. Piera Colagiovanni assisted by Dr. Eleonora Pistone.
The Social Assistant of the Frosinone/Alatri Hospital is Dr. Rossi Maria Benedetta and Dr. Sara Frongia.
Monday to Friday, from 10.00 am to 12.00 pm
The opening hours to the public: from Monday to Friday from 08.00 to 17.00.
The Social Assistant provides all useful support to hospitalized patients and their families for social problems of various kinds in connection with the social structures of the Municipality, the local health authorities to which they belong, the Juvenile Court, etc.:
- procedures for the custody of minors;
- practices to request the transfer of the patient at the end of the cycle of acute care
- Dr. Albino Leaf
- Mr. Pasquale Savella
Transfer and ambulance management office:
- Dr. Simona Arduini
- Dr. Albina Tosti
- Dr. Bruna Cuomo
Services / Activities provided
The Management of the Frosinone/Alatri Hospital is organized operationally in the following lines of activity:
Hospital hygiene management:
- surveillance of hospital infections and infection outbreaks, in collaboration with the Hospital Hospital Infection Control Committee;
- supervision of sterilisation processes in the operating chambers;
- supervision of the contracted cleaning and auxiliary service;
- supervision of the contracted pest control and eradication service;
- supervision of the contracted service of laundry and distribution of flat linen, personnel uniforms and technical fabrics of the operating room;
- supervision of the contracted food supply and distribution service;
- supervision of the management of the mortuary service;
- hospital waste management and related loading-unloading registers;
Management of medical staff in collaboration with the Medical Directors of the operating units and collaboration with the Nursing Service for the organisation of the remaining staff:
- assessment of the needs and workloads of medical personnel;
- receipt and maintenance of monthly watch shifts;
- radiation protection in collaboration with the Qualified Expert and the Authorised Physician;
Coordination of hospital activities:
- coordination of the procedures for admission in election and emergency (Bed Management Service);
- management of ordinary and daytime hospital beds, with authorisation for the possible temporary closure of LP for contingent reasons (structural work, plant or care problems, need to adopt isolation for infectious diseases, etc.);
- monitoring of waiting lists for ordinary and day hospitalization;
- connection between company OUs and external facilities for the research of services requested by treating physicians and not available in the Company to be provided to patients admitted to the company’s Headquarters and reception instead of requests for services to be provided in the Company to patients admitted to other health facilities who request it;
- optimisation of the activity of the centralised pre-hospitalisation services, operating activities, day surgery and week surgery, in collaboration with the managers of the relevant company structures in charge;
- definition and authorisation for the modification of the intended use of health environments, with approval of proposals for structural changes made by the OUs
Documentation and user paths:
- issuance of health certificates (birth certificates, inpatient certificates and emergency room);
- medical records (centralized archiving; duplicate request and release to the user);
- forwarding of mandatory complaints to the bodies in charge;
- authorisation to print company models and letterhead and stamps that comply with the existing company organisation;
- procedures related to the request for health documentation by external authorities entitled to copy or original;
- activation and transmission of the minutes of the Commission for the assessment of brain death
Management of user exposures, in collaboration with the URP, with internal investigation of the critical issues highlighted and, where possible, promotion of consequent organisational changes for the optimisation of services
Social service management:
- patient and family care for continuity of care and long-term post-rehabilitation pathways, RSA, home care, hospice, rehabilitation;
- procedures for the custody of children admitted to the Neonatology
- favors methods of resignation functional to the needs of the PS/DEA;
- facilitates the reduction of hospitalizations and hospitalization time with the Managers of the instrumental diagnostics services and with the consultants;
- informs the 118 operations centre of any overcrowding of the SP;
- facilitates the intra-hospital and extra-hospital transport of patients;
- identifies and manages, in collaboration with the Social Service, the situation with the greatest risk of discharge difficulties
The activities of interest of the Medical Staff are the following:
- receipt of requests and related feedback or reception and accompaniment of inspections of the bodies in charge (judiciary, NAS, NOE, Public Hygiene, ARPA etc.);
- interviews with users and/or employees in order to acquire the criticality exposed and intervene for its resolution, giving, where possible, immediate feedback to the applicant;
- resolution of emerging issues regarding the activities of the operator blocks and pre-hospitalisation;
- resolution of emerging problems regarding patient transfers, beds in TI, closure of election acceptances requested by the DEA Director due to overcrowding of the Emergency Department;
- daily verification of open and pending cases in PS with reminder where necessary to the OUs for patient reabsorption from PS or Emergency Medicine;
- ratification with signature of competence of the drug requests, requests for equipment in view, investigation of inpatient accidents, operational or work cases of the Medical Managers for concurrent use, issuance of certification for cord blood collection, N.O. to the burial of fetuses and anatomical parts;
- verification of the adequacy of the forms/letterhead/stamps requested by employees;
- real-time examination of reports of infectious diseases transmitted to the Health Directorate with evaluation of contagiousness and isolation procedures and precautions to be taken;
- sending the epidemiological investigation to the SPPR;
- activation of the Commission for the assessment of brain death;
- examination of the mail sent every day in with feedback and consequent initiatives that it is necessary to activate
Informative Medical Record
New allocation of Medical Records Office PO F. Spaziani
As of March 1, 2021, the Clinical Records Archive Office of PO F. Spaziani has been allocated to the C-D Building on the ground floor within the ASL headquarters.
The opening hours to the public are confirmed from 08.30 to 12.45 from Monday to Friday and from 14.00 to 15.45 on Thursday
The new phone number is 0775.8822318.
How to request the Medical Record
The Medical Record can be requested in person at the counter at the C-D Building on the ground floor within the ASL office.
- from Monday to Friday from 08.45 to 12.45
- on Thursday from 2.00 pm to 3.45 pm
- on Saturday the service is not active
Who can request / withdraw the Medical Record
The forms for delegation / self-certification (minors, incapacitated, legitimacy, death) are available at the cup workstation of the Medical Records Archive or attached to this page.
- the Data Subject provided with an identity document
- a Delegate with a specific proxy, available online, signed by the holder of the documentation, a copy of their identity document and that of the delegator
- in the case of Minors or Incapacitated Persons, the Parents or Guardians (or their delegates) provided with adequate legal documentation and any delegation
- in the event that the holder is deceased, the Legitimate Parties must provide self-certification pursuant to art. 46 of Presidential Decree 445/00 attesting to the quality of ascending or descending relative in a direct line and the testamentary heirs prove their qualification. In the event of death, those entitled must also obtain the death certificate/death self-certification.
The staff of the Clinical Records Archive will contact the interested party, with his consent, at the telephone numbers provided by the same, to give information on the status of processing of the required health documentation.
The medical record is available at variable times depending on the type of hospitalization carried out:
- Ordinary Inpatient/ Intensive Care / Week Surgery: 30 days from discharge
- Day Surgery: the medical record can only be requested at the last access and can only be closed after 30 days from the last access
- Day Hospital: the care path consists of one or more accesses and the folder must only be requested at the end of the last one. If the patient needs information relating to individual access, he/she may contact the medical contact person of the Operating Unit to receive a health report. It can only be closed after 30 days from the conclusion of the diagnostic-therapeutic process
- Emergency room: the medical record is available after 10 working days from the request.
To request the CD containing the images of the diagnostic tests carried out during hospitalisation (CT, MRI, PET-CT, X-ray, MAMMOGRAMS), please contact the Diagnostic Imaging Acceptance, floor -1, from Monday to Friday from 8.30 am to 1.00 pm. The fee is €10.00 for each CD.
To receive a copy of the Paper Medical Record, the fee is €10.33 for the first 20 sheets. An additional 10 cents per sheet for the following ones.
Request for Home Health Documentation
To request the home delivery on national territory of the paper copy of the medical record, you must fill in and send the request form attaching the payment receipt. The fee includes the cost of copying the medical record equal to 10.33 euros for the first 20 sheets and a supplement of 10 cents per sheet for the following ones. It will be the responsibility of the staff of the Medical Records Archive to communicate the possible payment of the supplement for sheets exceeding 20. The shipping rates are as follows: €7.50 per shipment by registered mail with delivery within 3 working days of shipment.
The delivery of the aforementioned health documentation will take place according to the confidentiality requirements guaranteed by the Postal Code, which provides for the delivery of the Registered Mail also to a person other than the recipient present at home (e.g. family member, cohabitant, doorman of the building, etc.).
The activity of the Operating Unit has been consolidated to ensure a continuous and adequate specialist competence to the requests coming from outside and inside the Company. It is therefore addressed to all UUOO personnel of the Unified Presidium and to the entire population that presents problems related to welfare and bureaucratic needs.
How to access
Access to the services of the Health Directorate takes place in the following ways:
- to represent urgent problems, you must contact one of the doctors on duty or one of the Nursing Managers on duty, through the secretariat during working hours 08.00 – 14.00 in which the presence on duty of at least one doctor is guaranteed;
- beyond these hours there is a doctor available and contactable via switchboard, including night and holidays, for urgent and non-deferrable health problems concerning hospital organisation and hygiene;
- for problems related to care staff, a Nursing Office Coordinator is present/available