The Complex Operating Unit of Gynaecology and Obstetrics provides its services with the mission of:
- Taking care of the woman and the couple in the birth path from the first weeks of pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period, offering differentiated care modalities for physiological pregnancy and pregnancy at risk;
- Prevention, diagnosis and treatment of the pathology of the female genital system using traditional techniques and the most modern endoscopic techniques.
Inside the OUC, located on the 1st floor of Scale B of the Hospital, there are the Inpatient Department and the Obstetric-Gynecological Outpatient Clinics, managed by the Medical, Obstetrics and Nursing team. The labor-birth block is on the same plane near the Operating Rooms, in order to guarantee the highest level of safety.
The Nursery, where newborns are welcomed, is located in rooms adjacent to the Department and therefore easily accessible by Mothers during breastfeeding hours or for any need related to the care of children.
Facility Manager: Dr. Michele Desiato
- Dr. Agostini
- Dr. Angelozzi
- Dr. De Blasio
- Dr. Donfrancesco
- Dr. Evangelista
- Dr. Malerba
- Dr Silani
- Dr. Viola
Responsible for the management of pregnant patients, he ensures continuous assistance during outpatient, reception and hospitalization activities. She is next to the Woman with one-to-one assistance during labor, delivery and postpartum. Obstetrical staff also assist new mothers by providing support and information in initiating breastfeeding.
Responsible for pre and post-surgical care, day hospital and day surgery of gynecological patients, the administration of therapy and the outpatient activity.
The OSS carry out their activity of supporting nursing staff in the primary care of the patient. They take care of the patient’s comfort, they are available for all needs regarding personal hygiene, the environment and food.
The inpatient ward consists of 20 beds for gynaecological and obstetric patients, housed in rooms with 2 or 4 beds. Each room is equipped with wardrobes and toilets with showers.
Emergency Room: 24/7 assistance is guaranteed to all pregnant women attending the Emergency Room with non-deferrable emergencies.
- Obstetric Pathology Clinic
- Treatment of internal abortion with medical therapy
- Prenatal Diagnosis Clinic:
- Bi test
- Ultrasound outpatient clinic:
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd trimester ultrasounds
- Morphological ultrasounds
- Outpatient Clinic for Term Pregnancy:
- Pre-hospitalisation services
- Interviews for eligibility for cord blood donation
- Meetings with couples to present the environments of the Department and the Sala Travaglio-Parto
- External turning manoeuvres of the foetus in a breech presentation (day hospital)
- Physiological labor and delivery assistance for pregnancies from the 35th week of gestation (34+1 day)
- Inhalational analgesia with Nitrous Oxide
- Solidarity cord blood donation
In the Delivery Block there are 2 Delivery Rooms and 2 Delivery Rooms equipped with all the tools for labor in a free position (fitball, armchairs, stool, mattresses), 1 Neonatal Island and toilets equipped with a shower,which can be used during labor as an analgesic method.
Inhalation analgesia with nitrous oxide is also available during labour.
Hospitalization and Breastfeeding
The hospital stay in the postpartum period, excluding special conditions, is usually 2 days for women who gave birth spontaneously and 3 days for women who gave birth by Caesarean section.
Breastfeeding support is guaranteed by the Nursing Staff of the Nursing Home and by the Departmental Midwives.
Infants are normally housed at the Nest adjacent to our OUC and accompanied by staff in the nursing rooms of the mothers, who can, however, go to the Nest to breastfeed them.
The 4th trimester outpatient clinic is currently active in our OUC, managed by obstetric staff, created to respond to the needs of new mothers in the Postpartum. Support is provided on Breastfeeding, Pelvic Floor Disorders and much more.
Services for gynaecological patients
Our UOC treats all the main surgical pathologies of the female genital apparatus.
24/7 assistance is guaranteed to all women with pelvic-gynecological pathologies related to the Emergency Department with non-deferrable emergencies.
- Vaginal and rectal swabs
- Gynaecological examinations
- Pap test
- Diagnostic hysteroscopy
- Gynaecological ultrasounds
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery for the treatment of benign and malignant diseases of the female genital tract
- Abdominal surgery
- Vaginal surgery
- Treatment of vulvar diseases
- Oncological surgery with both a laparoscopic and laparotomic approach
- Operative hysteroscopy
- Cervical conizations