The Department of Diagnostics and Pharmaceutical Assistance was established by the Decree of the Commissioner ad Acta, no. U00354 of August 3, 2017, which approved the new Business Act of the ASL of Frosinone. The Department represents, in general, an aggregation of Complex Operating Units.
The Department of Diagnostics and Pharmaceutical Assistance represents a Functional Department, that is, it does not vertically cross the company structure but coordinates it transversally, meaning that it is a coordination structure for the integrated performance of complex functions.
Specifically, the Complex Operating Units pertaining to this district are: Pharmacy Complex Operating Unit, Pathological Anatomy Complex Operating Unit, Clinical Pathology Complex Operating Unit, Immunology and Transfusion Medicine Complex Operating Unit (IMTO), Alatri Radiology Complex Operating Unit, Sora Radiology Complex Operating Unit, Cassino Radiology Complex Operating Unit, Sora Radiology Therapy Complex Operating Unit.
The Departments, in general, are responsible for government functions, i.e. coordination, guidance, advice, supervision aimed at the implementation of strategic lines and health programming and, in particular, they are responsible for the following tasks:
- coordinate, within the indications and references of the Strategic Management, the objectives to be pursued (both on an annual and multiannual basis);
- manage and use, in a coordinated and integrated manner, the assigned resources (human, financial and technological) to pursue the objectives defined in the budget negotiation;
- constantly aiming to improve performance indicators relating to efficiency, effectiveness and cost-effectiveness;
- ensure the constant implementation of appropriate interventions both from a clinical and management point of view;
- negotiate the budget objectives with the Strategic Management seeking the maximum sharing of all managers and assigned personnel;
- seek personalization and humanization of interventions;
- define care paths or care profiles based on the coordination of the services that are necessary;
- develop, share and adopt guidelines and protocols to promote continuous quality improvement;
- ensure the appropriateness of admissions by fully using day hospital and day surgery activities;
- promote concrete actions to achieve better levels of appropriateness;
- develop systems of indicators useful for evaluating and verifying the effectiveness and appropriateness of the services provided and the level of efficiency of the different operating units, the different professional teams represented in them and the individual professionals.
The Department of Diagnostics and Pharmaceutical Assistance was established to guarantee the population, in a homogeneous manner throughout the territory, all services relating to laboratory diagnostics and radiology, pathological anatomy and pharmaceutical assistance. Specifically, one of our main aims is to ensure the integration and optimisation of resources relating to local and hospital services.
With regard to Clinical Pathology, we work on:
- reorganization of specialist diagnostics with the aim of concentrating it more and more at hub laboratories;
- networking the laboratories with the sampling centres, in order to create a hospital-territory network;
- integration with clinical areas, including the emergency-emergency area;
- redesign the collection and review centers of the repertoire of diagnostic services provided at the hospital and territorial level.
- implementation of the interaction between pathological anatomy and diagnosis and treatment activities, as well as with all screening programs to improve the timing and quality of early diagnosis in the oncology field;
- training on new biomedical technologies and takes care of their introduction according to efficiency logics, strives for the development of professional skills, activates operational lines of particular relevance and implements a policy of sharing and exchange with other clinical departments;
As for the UOC Pharmacy, these are the main functions:
- guarantee the Drug Policy that includes all the actions in terms of purchase, prescription, delivery (Presidential Decree 371/98) distribution, information and supervision with the aim of guaranteeing health personnel and citizens that the choice of the active ingredient is guided by documented clinical evidence, by processes of sharing and information on such evidence, by their transferability to clinical practice and by the evaluation of compatibility between practical efficacy and costs incurred;
- promote the culture of the drug, both in the hospital and in the local area through the constant improvement of therapeutic and prescribing appropriateness and also of safety;
- promote and organise independent training/information for healthcare professionals;
- guarantee, to each patient, both in the hospital and in the territory, the effectiveness and quality of the individual prescription/administration of drugs;
- ensure pharmacovigilance on drugs and Medical Devices (MD);
- promote the correct management of therapeutic/care risk, or the prevention of errors, through deep IT re-engineering interventions, aimed at minimising clinical risk (error in therapy and/or care);
- coordinate all the pharmaceutical activities of the provincial territory with particular reference to hospital-territory integration, with a view to redefining the organisational structure and internal relations with the Administrative Area and modernising the information structure;
- ensure compliance with reference regulations (TULS no. 1265 of 27/07/1934 and Implementing Regulation of 1938) in order to protect public health with a view to the regularity of pharmaceutical practice and in the intermediate distribution of medicines;
- ensure the supervision and inspection, in relation to professional practice, of Pharmacies – Parapharmacies – other businesses managing the drug;
- carry out the responsibility for the investigative and authorization activity of wholesalers and warehouses of medicines, on the review of the organic plant of the Pharmacies, on the authorization to open/operate a Pharmacy, branch Pharmacy, other and forfeiture of the same;
- authorize the provisional and hereditary management and the transfer of the Pharmacy premises;
- authorize the temporary replacements of the owner, at the temporary closure of the pharmaceutical businesses;
- arrange hours, shifts and holidays for pharmacies,as well as the entire investigation process on the Residence allowance in favour of Rural Pharmacies;
- management of the register of holders, directors, collaborators and practitioners of Pharmacy, as well as the related certifications of service status, suitability, ownership, etc.;
- supervisory activities through the District Inspection Commissions operating in the Company territory
The recipients of the Department of Diagnostics and Pharmaceutical Assistance are all the Company Diagnosis and Care, Hospital and Territorial, affiliated and private users for Direct Distribution.
How to access
There are two types of access to the Department of Diagnostics and Pharmaceutical Assistance:
- Access to the Facility Management: for supervisory activities and monitoring/management of the agreed pharmaceutical expenditure or for authorisation activities or for information: from Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 13:00 at the Facility Management, Via Armando Fabi Palazzina Q Piano I;
- User access for Direct Drug Distribution: by showing the health card and prescription issued by the Centres identified by the Lazio Region or by authorised Extraregional Centres.
Via Armando Fabi – 03100 Frosinone